Hard Drive and Disk Degausser
The Proton T-1.5 Hard Drive Degausser is a drawer style degausser that permanently erases data from hard drives and various tape media. It has an effective magnetic field of 1.5 Tesla, making it capable of sanitizing the highest coercivity media available today and it will continue to keep pace as hard drive technology advances.
The T-1.5 is fully automatic and has a cycle time of less than 5 seconds, making it the fastest electromagnetic pulse degausser available. Operation is simple, just insert media into the drawer and push the start button. Internal software acts as a built in safeguard and assures the unit is operating at peak performance for each cycle. The T-1.5 is extremely compact and portable which allows it to fit easily into existing operations and be transported when necessary.
“CBL Data Recovery has thoroughly tested the performance of Proton’s T-1.5 degausser. The unit was successful in consistently destroying hard drives and tapes in less than five seconds. Despite our best efforts our labs were unable to retrieve any data from the various hard drives and tapes that we examined. This machine is highly recommended for permanently erasing data from magnetic media.”
~ Romildo Silva CEO, CBL Data Recovery USA
- Destruction of confidential and sensitive data in accordance with the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
- Meets US Department of Defense (DoD) and Defense Security Services (DSS) requirements for sanitizing unclassified data.
- Provides compliance under regulations such as HIPAA, PCI DSS, GLBA, FACTA, etc.
- Internal software requires all parameters (capacitor voltage, switch, etc.) are present prior to the “Go” LED display. If any problem exists that will compromise degaussing, the “Go” LED will not display. This software guarantees that each degauss cycle delivers sufficient strength and consistent performance.
- Will erase any magnetic media that fits into drawer including all standard hard drives (laptop, desktop and network) and storage tapes (DLT, LTO, DDS/DAT, etc.).
- No adapters required; Maintenance free.
- Optional deployment case with wheels is available.
- Manufactured in the USA in ISO 9001 certified facilities.
- CE Certified and ships with the CE Mark.