The PDS-50 takes physical hard drive destruction one step further than the PDS-25 by providing an automatic, motor driven operation. Simply insert the hard drive and sensors will automatically start an eight (8) second cycle. A unique feature of the PDS-50 is its ability to operate manually if power is ever interrupted or unavailable. Simply grab the crank handle to continue securely destroying hard drives. No stoppage or setup necessary.
NOTE: To comply with recognized standards, including NSA/DoD regulations, a degausser must be used prior to destroying hard drives. In a typical national security operation, a destroyer is used in conjunction with a NSA approved degausser. Using a degausser is the only way to guarantee all data on hard drives and other magnetic media is completely unrecoverable. This is because it is possible to recover data from a mere piece of a hard drive that has not been degaussed. See Proton’s full line of degaussers to save on a degausser and destroyer bundle.
- Eight (8) second automatic cycle provides fast, safe and reliable hard drive destruction.
- Designed for normal and emergency use. Can operate with or without power.
- Provides a “green” energy saving solution for hard drive destruction.
- Hard drives are bent approximately 90 degrees, which bends/ breaks the platters and damages the heads, motor and circuit board.
- Maintenance free and completely self-contained. No messy fluids or external components to deal with and no adjustments or calibration necessary.
- Compact and rugged design is portable and easily deployable.
- Tested and used by NSA and DoD for destroying hard drives.